Baby James Potter was accidentally killed by a snake when his parents took him to a zoo to feed it.

James Potter, 5, was found with a snakebite after his parents left the home.

According to the San Antonio Express-News, the boy’s parents took James to the Animal Kingdom in the city’s east side.

The zoo’s Facebook page says they were trying to get the snake to stop biting James.

James was treated at the hospital and is expected to survive.

The zoo posted the following message on its Facebook page:Thank you to all who were at our Animal Kingdom this morning.

It was a great and rewarding time with our family and friends.

We will keep you posted as we get more information.

Our thoughts are with our James and his family at this difficult time.

We have learned a great deal from this incident and are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all of our guests.

Thank you for your continued support.

Tags: